EMAX TinyHawk 2 Freestyle RTF FPV Drone Kit
Following the groundbreaking performance of the predecessor, comes the newly re-invented Tinyhawk II Freestyle, the perfect beginner outdoor FPV quad!
By re-designing the frame to accept a higher quality camera, the FPV experience is enhanced, allowing newfound clarity when navigating the environment. Paired together with a video transmission system that is 8x more powerful than its predecessor, the video signal will no longer impede the user experience.
The RTF Bundle gives you everything you need to start flying in just minutes. Everything is included, goggles, radio, and of course the TinyHawk II Freestyle quadcopter! This bundle is the perfect solution for anyone to learn the basics of FPV flying, beginners, and pros alike.
The included receiver is compatible with the FrSky D8 and D16 mode.
Note: Though it is compatible with FrSky_X (D16), for best performance it is recommended to use FrSky_D (D8) and set “Telemetry OFF” on your radio if you are using your own radio
Fully Configurable via Betaflight Configurator
The EMAX TinyHawk Freestyle 2 drone comes completely ready to fly in its stock configuration, however when you’re ready to take things to the next level and want to explore more of the advanced level settings, you can plug your TinyHawk into a computer running Betaflight Configurator software. Betaflight is an open-source firmware pre-installed on almost every FPV drone. The computer-based configurator software allows you to make changes to the flight performance and options which are stored onboard the drone’s flight controller.
Some of the settings you can change via Betaflight Configurator are:
- Turtlemode – Flip your drone over after a crash by spinning the propellers the opposite way
- RC Rate settings – Make your transmitter sticks more sensitive and responsive
- PID settings – Fine tune the way your drone flies by applying a custom PID tune
- Acro trainer – Practice flying ‘Acro’ mode with a trainer which prevents you from tilting too far
- OSD settings – Put your own name on the OSD so everyone knows its you flying!
Upgrade Any Component in the RTF Drone Kit
When EMAX designed the TinyHawk 2 Freestyle RTF kit, they made a design decision to make all the components completely modular. This means if you outgrow any of the individual components in the RTF kit, you can swap them out for upgraded components. If you’d rather fly the TinyHawk with a set of FatShark goggles, you can do so! If the controller becomes too limiting, you can upgrade to a FrSky Taranis. The controller and FPV goggles in the kit also work with any other drone running a 5.8GHz video transmitter (almost every FPV drone) and FrSky D8 protocol.
Upgrades and Battery Choices for the EMAX TinyHawk
The EMAX TinyHawk 2 Freestyle has a range of upgrades which can improve your FPV experience. The drone is built in a modular design, which allows you to swap motors simply by plugging in new ones (no soldering required!) and put new propellers on with ease. If you’d rather rock your own style with black or purple propellers, you can do so!
Parts and Upgrades:
- Emax Avan Rush 2.5″ Propellers (2 Colours) – These propellers are the stock propellers and are a great lightweight choice.
- EMAX 450mAh 1S Battery – The stock battery is a high-quality battery designed with durability and power in mind
Practice on the Simulator
You can practice on popular simulator software such as Velocidrone and Liftoff using this kit!
- Durable aerospace grade 3k woven carbon fiber
- BlHeli_S ESC
- F4 (MATEKF411RX Firmware) Flight Controller
- RunCam Nano 2 FPV camera
- More powerful VTX with 25/100/200mw power levels
- Smart Audio connected
- FRSKY D8 compatible
- Efficient Emax 1103 7000Kv brushless motors
- Avan Rush 2.5″ props
- Pre-tuned from the factory with expert pilots and new pilots in mind. 3 rate profile settings for all types of flying feel
- Plug-in type motors for easy maintenance
- FrSky compatible D8 receiver built into FC
- Custom carbon fiber themed carrying case
TinyHawk II Freestyle Specifications
- Wheelbase: 115mm
- Dry Weight: 49g
- All Up Weight: 79g with 2x 450mAh 1S battery
- Frame Material: Carbon Fiber
- Stator Size: 1103
- Kv: 7000kv
- Propeller Mount: T-mount, 1.5mm shaft
- Propeller: Avan Rush 2.5″
All-In-One (AIO) Flight Controller
- Flight Controller: F4 (MATEKF411RX Firmware)
- ESC: 4-in-1 5A BlHeli_S
- Receiver: EMAX SPI Receiver (Compatible with FrSky D8 mode)
- Battery Connector: JST-PH2.0 Duo
- VTX Power: 25/100/200mw Switchable (set to stay at 25mW until armed)*
- Channels: 37CH incl. Raceband
- Camera: RunCam Nano 2 1/3″ 700TVL CMOS
- Smart Audio Connected
EMAX Transporter Goggles Specifications
- Maximum appearance size 140×153×90(mm)
- Weight (without battery) 398g
- Resolution 480×272
- Battery 1 cell 18650 lipo battery
EMAX E6 Transmitter Specifications
- Maximum appearance size 181×213×80(mm)
- Weight (without battery) 211g
- Number of channels 6 Channels
- Transmission frequency 2.4GHz ISM Band（2400MHz~2483.5MHz）
- Output Power 22dbm
- Modulation GFSK
- Battery 1 cell 18650 lipo battery
RTF Kit Includes
- 1x Tinyhawk II Freestyle Drone
- 1x E6 Transmitter
- 1x Transporter Goggles w/ Battery + Antennas
- 2x EMAX 450mAh 1S HV Battery
- 1x 1S USB LiPo Charger
- 1x Screwdriver + Hardware Kit
- 1x Carbon Fiber Carrying Case
*Please note that even if you unlocked the video transmitter (VTX) per the manual and are changing power levels via the OSD/Smart Audio (VTX SA), the Tinyhawk II Freestyle is set to stay at 25mW until you arm the motors.